For Immediate Release – May 13, 2015
Contact: Barry Brown / Communications and Public Relations Officer (831) 784-4245
Monterey County Names Teacher of the Year and Classified School Employees of the Year
News Media Invited to Attend Awards Ceremony
Monday May 18
5:15 - 7:00 p.m. (awards at 6:15 p.m.)
Monterey County Office of Education – Rooms G/H
901 Blanco Circle, Salinas
SALINAS – Kevin Dufault, who teaches AVID and GATE Science at Harden Middle School in the Salinas Union High School District, has been chosen as the 2016 Monterey County Teacher of the Year, and will represent Monterey County in the California Department of Education’s 2016 Teacher of the Year Program.
Six classified school employees, representing the six classified categories (child nutrition, maintenance and operations, transportation, para-educator, office or technical, and support services and security) have been chosen as Monterey County Classified School Employees of the Year, and were nominated for consideration in the California Department of Education’s 2015 Classified Employee of the Year Program. They are:
• Ms. Grace Bobian in the Child Nutrition category from the King City Union School District
• Mr. David Gaboni in the Maintenance, Operations and Facilities category from the Monterey County Office of Education
• Ms. Diana Curtice in the Support Services and Security category from the Carmel Unified School District
• Ms. Stephanie Domingos in the Para-Educator and Instructional Assistance category from the King City Union School District
• Mr. Ruben Parra in the Transportation category from the Monterey County Office of Education
• Ms. Anita Ayala in the Office and Technical category from the Salinas Union High School District
Each of the winners and district nominees will be recognized at an awards ceremony on Monday, May 18 starting at 5:15 p.m. at the Monterey County Office of Education, 901 Blanco Circle in Salinas.
Nominations were submitted by Monterey County school districts, and reviewed by a selection committee consisting of administrators, teachers, and representatives from professional organizations.