Monterey County Head Start & Early Head Start, in partnership with the community, is dedicated to providing the highest quality early childhood education for children 0-5 years and comprehensive child and family services.
Recognized as leaders in research based early childhood education and family development, we provide high-quality, comprehensive, seamless services based on community assessments and the individual needs of families.
- We believe that children and families come to our program with unique backgrounds, experiences and strengths. Therefore, we are committed to working in full participation with families to support them in meeting their individual needs and their child and family development goals.
- We believe that good nutrition, physical activity, and sound health practices are key elements to ensure optimum brain development. Therefore, we are committed to promoting healthy eating and lifestyle principles throughout our programs.
- We believe that Head Start makes a positive impact in the community for children and families. Therefore, we are committed to ongoing assessment of community needs to guide us in our planning and decision making so that we provide services and resources appropriately.
- We believe that the cultural and linguistic diversity of our community is a strength to be respected and celebrated. Therefore, we are committed to honor and reflect the diversity of our community within all aspects of our program.
- We believe that services are best provided in a collaborative environment where everyone is committed to meeting the needs of children, families and staff. Therefore, we are committed to respecting, supporting and strengthening each person’s contribution to the team.
- We believe that well prepared staff are essential to providing high quality services. Therefore, we are committed to supporting and encouraging professional growth and development for all program staff.
- We believe that fiscal accountability is the mechanism for maintaining program success and sustainability. Therefore, we are committed to maximizing the use of program funds to provide the highest level of services for children and families.
- We believe our children should be safe while exploring both the teaching and outside environments. Therefore, we believe in providing high quality facilities and equipment for our children.