County Board of Education
The Monterey County Board of Education is comprised of seven members who represent individual Trustee Areas of the county. Each member is elected by the voters of his or her Trustee Area and serves a four-year term. The Board supports and guides the Monterey County Office of Education in providing leadership and services to the school districts.
What We Do
The primary responsibilities of the Monterey County Board of Education are to work with the Monterey County Superintendent of Schools to establish the direction and priorities for the Monterey County Office of Education through its budgetary determinations and to provide leadership to support the success of public education.
- No. 20-21-05 National Recovery Month
- No. 20-21-06 Hispanic Heritage Month
- No. 20-21-07 California Native American Day
- No. 20-21-11 Regarding Sufficiency of Instructional Materials
- No. 20-21-12 Filipino American History Month
- No. 20-21-13 California Week of the School Administrator
- No. 20-21-14 California School Bus Safety Awareness Month