County Board of Education
COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
The Monterey County Board of Education (County Board) is comprised of seven members who represent individual Trustee Areas of the county. Each member is elected by the voters of their Trustee Area and serves a four-year term. The County Board supports and guides the Monterey County Office of Education is providing leadership and services to the school districts.
What We Do
The primary responsibilities of the Monterey County Board of Education are to work with the Monterey County Superintendent of Schools to establish the direction and priorities for the Monterey County Office of Education through its budgetary determinations and to provide leadership to support the success of public education.
2022-23 Board Resolutions
- No. 22-23-41 Classified School Employee Week
- No. 22-23-40 CA Day of the Teacher
- No. 22-23-38 Mental Health Awareness Month
- No. 22-23-26 Cesar Chavez Day of Service and Learning
- No. 22.23.25 Black History Month
- No. 22-23-24 School Board Recognition Month
- No. 22-23-04 Hispanic Heritage Month
- No. 22-23-03 California Native American Day
- No. 22-23-02 National Recovery Month