Dr. Deneen Guss, County Superintendent of Schools
Alternative Education Program schools have received the highest level of accreditation (6 years) by the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS WASC). This represents one of six regional accrediting associations in the United States. The ACS WASC accreditation process fosters excellence in elementary, secondary, and adult education by encouraging school improvement. WASC accreditation recognizes schools that meet an acceptable level of quality, in accordance with established, research-based WASC criteria.
The Accreditation process offers the following:
- Certification to the public that the school is a trustworthy institution of learning
- Validates the integrity of a school's program and student transcripts
- Fosters improvement of the school's programs and operations to support student learning
- Assures a school community that the school's purposes are appropriate and being accomplished through a viable educational program
- A way to manage change through regular assessment, planning, implementing, monitoring and reassessment
- Assists a school/district in establishing its priority areas for improvement as a result of the perpetual accreditation cycle that includes:
- School self-assessment of the current educational program for students
- Insight and perspective from the visiting committee
- Regular school staff assessment of progress through the intervening years between full self-studies.
For more information, please visit the WASC accreditation website