Skip To Main Content

Mobile Toggle

Main Header Container

Mobile Toggle


College & Career Resources


Dear MCHCS High School Families,

This message is regarding the recently passed AB 104, which contains a provision that allows high school students to change their letter grades to a Pass or No Pass grade on their transcripts for the 2020-21 school year.

AB 104 requires the California Department of Education to post a grade change application template and a list of the institutions of higher education that will accept a transcript with a Pass/No Pass grade. Both of those documents are available below:

Both the California State University (CSU) and University of California (UC) systems have issued guidance on how they will handle admissions and GPA calculations for transcripts with Pass or No Pass grades. The CSU information and UC information can be found on their respective sites. AB 104 requires CSU schools, and encourages UC and private postsecondary schools, to accept without prejudice any transcripts with Pass/No Pass grades.

Students will have until Saturday, August 14, 2021, to request grade changes (i.e., 15 days from today). Kindly note that AB 104 states that schools shall not honor grade change requests after 15 days.

Schools will have 15 days from the day the grade change application is received to change the transcript and notify the pupil and the pupil's parent/guardian of the change.

Please contact me if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Kind regards,

Justin McCollum
Principal, MCHCS