Dr. Deneen Guss, County Superintendent of Schools
Open Door Charter
Contact Open Door Charter at 831.783.5285
Open Enrollment Now!
The Monterey County Office of Education Open Door Charter is an independent study program providing students, 18 and older, an opportunity to re-engage in their high school education, explore academic and career pathways, develop college and career readiness skills, and earn their diploma.
Open Door Charter has been successful in helping adults, who did not finish high school, achieve a diploma. We will review your previous high school transcripts and identify additional coursework/credits needed to complete a high school diploma.
Start the enrollment process.
Who is Eligible?
In order to be eligible for Open Door Charter a student must:
- Have not graduated from high school
- Have a desire to return to school
- Be 18 years or older
- Set short & long-term goals towards completing their education requirements
- Participate in job readiness skills & on-the-job training
- Be a resident of Monterey County, Santa Cruz County, San Luis Obispo County or San Benito County
- 170 credits required for a diploma
- Online coursework & independent study directed learning
- Program issued Chromebooks
- Individualized learning plans & flexible schedules
- Personalized lessons & academic support
- Job readiness training & career placement assistance through Turning Point/WIOA
- Career technical education & college dual enrollment