Welcome to the Educational Services Division
The Educational Services Division works as a comprehensive and coordinated system that creates partnerships to provide support to students, educators, schools, districts, and families. The goal is to build capacity throughout the system to produce measurable gains in student learning and achievement across the eight state priority areas.
Services provided to districts by the Educational Services Division include general support for all and differentiated supports for districts that are eligible for these services.
- General support services, some of which are Fee for Service, are offered to all districts in support of teaching and learning
- Professional Learning Networks
- Support for California Standards (ELA, Math, Next Generation Science Standards)
- Support for continuous improvement processes across systems
- Support for educators of English learner students
- Support for assessments and metrics
- Professional Learning for Integration of 21st Century Skills
- Technical Assistance/Review of Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
Differentiated support services, provided to districts that are newly eligible and those that continue to be eligible for this type of support through the state and federal accountability systems, include:
- Facilitation of the continuous improvement process with district teams with representatives across the system (including district and site leaders, teachers, and other staff)
- Support in identifying research-based practices and the design of tests of change
- Coaching support for LEA teams in data analysis to guide action cycles
- Professional learning focused on building capacity for continuous improvement through the design and development of the LCAP