Internal Business Services
About Internal Business Services
The Internal Business Services Department is responsible for all Monterey County Office of Education internal financial matters including, but not limited to, performing specialized administrative functions to support programs funded by the state, federal and local agencies, monitor office compliance with Board Policies, Administrative Regulations, California Education Code, and the California School Accounting Manual.
- Budget Development
- Approves Internal Requisitions/Purchase Order
- Create and Process Journal Entries
- Create and Process County Journal Entries
- Accounts Payable Processing
- Federal/State Grant Reporting
- Loss Claims Processing/Tracking
- Special Education Accounting/Billback
- Deposits – MCOE
- Deposits – MERMA and PL JPA
- Health Benefits for MCOE Staff/Retirees
- Open enrollment for MCOE Staff/Retirees
- MCSIG – District Chargeback Medical/Dental and Vision
- Other JPA County Journal Entries
- Approve Personnel Action Forms
- Approve Internal Contracts through Agiloft
- Consolidated Application – Financial Data
- Annual Audit and Coordination with departments
- Process 1099
- Internal Department Support
- Reporting Sales Tax and Independent Contractor withholdings
- State Reporting through SACS for Interims/Unaudited Actuals
Welcome to Health Benefits
Open Enrollment information will be found here once dates and time have been determined.
California’s Valued Trust (CVT)
Open enrollment month is every August, actual dates to be determined, with an effective date of October 1st.
Classifications under CVT are Classified and Certificated Members.
Information is emailed to work and personal email in July, with reminders throughout open enrollment dates.
Municipalities, Colleges, Schools Insurance Group (MCSIG)
Open enrollment month is every November, actual dates to be determined, with an effective date of January 1st.
Classifications under MCSIG are Classified Management, Certificated Management, Professionals and Confidential Members.
Information is emailed to work and personal email in October, with reminders throughout open enrollment dates.
The Finance and Business Services Division is responsible for the fiscal oversight and monitoring of the finances of the Monterey County Office of Education. This oversight ensures fiscal integrity, fiscal compliance, and fiscal solvency for our organization.
One of the primary goals of the Finance and Business Services Division is to provide service to the employees and departments of the Monterey County Office of Education. This manual was created to ensure that employees have access to the information they need in order to perform county business easily and efficiently.
This manual comprises procedures which can easily be updated whenever changes occur or additional information is needed. It’s important that each employee follow these procedures in order to ensure fiscal integrity and compliance. We hope that we have provided information that is comprehensive and easy to understand.
- Section I - General Information
- Section II - Purchasing Procedures
- Section III – Accounts Payable Procedures
- Section IV – Accounts Receivable Procedures
- Section V – Payroll Procedures
- Section VI – Budgeting and Accounting Procedures
- Section VII – Graphic Communications Procedures
- Appendix A
P-645 – Indirect Costs
Special Education Accounting
- Provide financial accounting and support to the Special Education Division
- Provides districts with statistical information as well as updates on the Special Education annual budget, NPA one-to-one expenses, district Billback and fund transfer information.
- Local Plan Area (SELPA) Accounting