Professional Development & Meetings
As part of our commitment to support districts’ efforts to serve foster and homeless students, we have scheduled the following:
The Foster Youth Executive Advisory Council (FYEAC) meets. The FYEAC invites youth, districts and partner agencies to provide programmatic input for the FYSCP. Contact the FYSCP staff for the next meeting date and location information.
District Foster Student Liaison Meetings are held quarterly. Contact the FYSCP staff for the next meeting date and location information.
The FYSCP offers professional development to schools/districts and partner agencies upon request. A sample of topics available are:
- Educational Rights and Responsibilities
- Removing Barriers to Education for Foster Students
- Trauma Informed Practices
- Trauma Informed Practices 2 – Tools and Strategies
- Transitions to Higher Education
- Qualifying for the Graduation Waiver