Mailroom & Warehouse
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm.
Closed on holidays and weekends.
MCOE Mail Room/Warehouse Department provides a variety of services in support of our schools and districts.
Overseeing the Daily Mail and Package Deliveries
- All deliveries from UPS, FedEx and other courier services should be received through the warehouse.
- Prior arrangements should be made with General Services before scheduling a delivery with a freight company. This is to insure warehouse space and a fork lift driver is available.
Short and Long Term Storage
- If warehouse storage for equipment, furniture or files is needed, please contact General Services for space availability. Once space is available submit a work order through the Work Order System to have item(s) moved to the warehouse.
- Clearly label items that are to be stored in the warehouse. It should include name of department.
- Recycle bins are available throughout the MCOE campus for paper, plastic and aluminum.
- E-Waste item(s): For all technology items, you must have item cleared through Technology and Operations Department before disposing item in e-waste.
- Disposing of batteries and ink cartridges: There is a designated bin and box for these items located in the warehouse.
- Do not dispose any of these items in the trash can or recycling bins.
- Ink cartridge needs to placed in its original packaging or in a plastic bag prior to placing it in the designated recycle box.
Document Destruction Services
Contact Darren Fort for details.
MCOE Mail Room Procedures
- All outgoing mail must be in the mail room by 2:30 pm. It will be processed the next day if it arrives in the mail room after 4:00 pm.
- If you have a mailing that is more than 100 pieces please contact Mail Room at ext. 251 before 10 am so adequate time is given to mail room staff to process your mailing.
- Before printing a bulk of your fliers, postcards, etc. please contact Mail Room at ext. 251.
- For letter size envelopes: Be sure to neatly stack and rubber band your mailing with address information facing up and all in the same direction. Close all flaps if sealing is needed. Do not over stuff letter size envelopes because it will not seal or stamp properly.
- Make sure to place your outgoing mail in the designated bins. If your department has various mail codes place mail code in the top right corner of each stack or mail piece.
- All "No Stamp Necessary" envelopes should be placed in the Pre-stamped (purple) bin not the department bins.
- Do not use your budget code as your mail code. If you need a new mail code complete a Mail Code Request Form and submit to General Services, Maurene Coloma.
- Do not leave mail by the postage machine or computer, except UPS. Place in appropriate mail bin or slot.
- Do not put personal mail in the department mail to be stamped.
- Do not use staples to seal your fliers or envelopes.
- Do not combine to and from address information on the same label or location.
- Do not take pre-labeled UPS packages to mail room. It should be taken to receptionist area and place UPS sign on your package.
MCOE Shipping Form for USPS, UPS and FedEx
Before placing package in designated bin you will need to complete a shipping form and attached one copy to your package.
The mail room does not have a set schedule for when the districts arrive to pick up their mail. If it's a time sensitive package please send it through US Mail or other types of courier service.