Migrant Education Services
The mission of the Migrant Education Program, Region 16, is to ensure that all migrant students experience a high quality education and improved way of life.
All migrant students can be successful, be proud of who they are, and be positive contributors to society.
Program Vision Statement
- Established and implemented a Professional Learning Community for Migrant Resource Teachers to share best practices and effective intervention strategies.
- Implemented a new Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to identify and recruit eligible migrant students. Facilitated monthly support meetings for all migrant recruiters to ensure proper implementation.
- Ensured that parent workshops/trainings are presented across the county to strengthen family relationships, trust and communication.
- Participated in a Federal Program Monitoring Review and was found 100% compliant (only region in the state).
- Planned and implemented a Regional La Familia Conference that served nearly 500 migrant students and parents.
- Planned and implemented a Regional Speech and Debate Program for approximately 250 6th through 12th grade students.
- Served as a model region in all components of the program and hosted professionals from other areas to share best practices.
The program accomplishes its mission by:
- Providing direct student services to ensure migrant students achieve academic success and obtain support in social and health services,
- Ensuring that migrant parents understand the educational system and have the capacity to be actively engaged in the education of their children at home and at school,
- Providing technical assistance and professional development to all educational professionals who work with migrant students, and
- Ensuring that the program meets state and federal compliance by monitoring program effectiveness and appropriate use of migrant funds.
|School District||District Contact|
|Alisal Union School District*||Alicia Fletcherfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chualar Union School District**||Esther Medinaemail@example.com|
|Gonzales Unified School District**||
Esther Medina (K-8)
Robin Cohen (9-12)
|Greenfield Union School District*||Erin Ramirezfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|King City Union School District**||Karla Calizemail@example.com|
|Monterey Peninsula Unified School District**||Esther Medinafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|North Monterey County Unified School District*||Aida Ramirezemail@example.com|
|Salinas City Elementary School District*||Mary Pritchardfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Salinas Union High School District*||Ethelvina Sanchez Fortinemail@example.com|
|San Ardo Union School District**||Karla Calizfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|San Lucas Union School District**||Karla Calizemail@example.com|
|Santa Rita Union School District**||Esther Medinafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Soledad Unified School District**||
Karla Caliz (K-8)
Robin Cohen (9-12)
|South Monterey County Joint Union High School District**||Robin Cohenemail@example.com|
**Direct service district